LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, August 20, 2010

Petunia's Barracks Pizza Imitation


Here is Petunia's version of her favourite Barracks Anchovy & Pesto Skinny Pizza with arugula salad leaves. My crust was thicker because no matter how much I rolled, I couldn't get it paper thin... but I rather enjoyed the C-R-U-N-C-H at every bite rather than the C-R-A-C-K at every bite.

Everything else tasted divinely the same. Yay! I've saved my wallet... no need to go back to Barracks for my fix of Anchovy Pesto Skinny Pizza 'cos now I can make Anchovy Pesto Crunchy Pizza at home!! This is a dish worth imitating because it's gonna save me a lot of future earnings.

By the way, the arugula salad comes from the garden. So too did the basil leaves that went into the pesto sauce. Now, I only need to grow some cherry tomatoes, start an anchovy fish farm and get me a cow to give milk that I'll turn into bocanccini cheese... Everything will be home-grown and home-made.

10 comments:

Malar said...

homemdae pizza? yummy!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Love it. The rocket plant and hyssop plant died in my care.. I'm really sad. The rocket grew and grew and I took some leaves off to eat and it died after that. The hyssop plants had an attack of soil mealies which came from a pot next to it.. which was a plant given by a friend.. (She didn't know there were soil mealies and I didn't see...) I have no luck with edibles! SIGH!

Petunia Lee said...

Malar - Yummy it was!!

Petunia Lee said...

OKC - Oh dear!!

Blur Ting said...

My goodness, you can grow arugula? You're a goddess! I wanna learn how to make ahi taki!

Petunia Lee said...

Ting - The ahi taki salad was good too... sweet and tangy... hmmmmmmmm... what do they put into it? Hmmmmmmm....

Open Kitchen Concept said...

:( But I have to say.. I enjoyed the rocket leaves I managed to eat from my plant. How did you get yours to be so "fat"? Mine was nice and big.. but it was very thin..

Petunia Lee said...

OKC - Most leaves are skinny... but there are a couple of fats. Need fertiliser I think.

Wen-ai said...

Recipe?? Please??? I just made some home-made pizzas during the past weekend as well. But tomato based. Will love to try your version of pesto+anchovy pizzas!

Petunia Lee said...

Bake the pizza dough till evenly brown. Spread a thin layer of pesto sauce. Lay out slices of wet mozzarella (the sort that comes in a bag of water). Sprinkle slices of raw shallots. Place strips of canned olive oil anchovies delicately on a few mozzarella slices (don't put too many 'cos very salty). Put half cherry tomatoes all over. And dump a lorryful of rocket/arugula salad on top. Pick up with hands and eat.