LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, August 23, 2010

I am NOT Marrying a Pansy

Not feeling too satisfied by our earlier conversation blogged about here, I pressed the point at dinner today.

Me: Why would your wife mind me taking care of your kids?

Little Boy (patiently): You know how you don't like Popo to boss you around and take over the household? Well, I am sure my wife would definitely mind if you took over all of our kids!!

Me: Maybe your wife is a pansy and she'll just do what we tell her.

Little Boy: She won't be a pansy.

Me: Why not?

Little Boy (emphatically): Because I won't marry a pansy.

Me: Marry a pansy... and make life easier for all us.

Little Boy (quite firmly): No.

Sigh! I suppose that's that. I'll have to find another way to get my hands on those cute babies.

3 comments:

Wen-ai said...

Haha. Isn't it a little too early to think about your grand kids??? But Little Boy is so considerate of his future wife! Such a sweet boy!

Petunia Lee said...

Wen-ai: I reckon whomever Little Boy chooses to marry is one lucky gal... but I suppose all mommies think that of their sons.

I'm actually quite amazed at how well-formed his opinions on children and marriage are. Later on that night, he actually told me that he wasn't about to let me look after his kids because he didn't want his kids to grow up like his friend Dylan, who is looked after by anyone and everyone BUT own his parents. "That's not healthy" said he.

I wonder where he got such an idea... I certainly have never said that nor thought that.

Blur Ting said...

Yes, I agree. He really thinks through before he answers. He's got a really good head on his shoulders.