I was inspired by BH's recipe on the GCS forum, which had reduced apple juice used as a basting liquid over pieces of chicken. I didn't have apples juice on hand so I decided to do something with orange juice. The dish was good, so I will be doing it again.
1) Blend 200ml of olive oil with a handful of tarragon leaves and 1 teaspoon of salt. Freeze.
2) Reduce 500ml of orange juice to 200ml. Freeze 150ml. Chill 50ml.
3) Prepare a tablespoon of orange zest.
4) Slide a blunt-headed butter knife under the chicken's skin to detach skin piece from flesh. Pay careful attention to thighs and wings. When the skin hangs loosely from the chicken, sew up any holes you have made accidentally.
4) Insert orange zest so that there is a bit at every part of the chicken (thighs and wings too)
5) Insert frozen blocks of olive oil + tarragon blend.
6) Insert frozen blocks of orange juice.
7) Roast at 200 Deg C for 1 hour.
1) Toss potatoes and unpeeled garlic in olive oil.
2) Roast at 200 Deg C for 40 minutes
3) Remove from oven, toss in 50ml of orange juice concentrate.
4) Peel an orange. Cut into slices. Place atop the potatoes.
5) Place under the oven grill and grill at 225 Deg C for 10 minutes.
You can eat the creamy roasted garlic too but must peel first. Most times, the garlic cloves will burst out of their skins.