LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, August 23, 2010

I Can't Tell My Wife That!!

We were lounging about over the weekend when I broached the sensitive topic of future grandchildren with Little Boy. "Son" said I, "When you grow up, tell your wife that since she is young and inexperienced, your mommy will look after your three children instead." Already a man of the world, Little Boy said "I can't do that Mom!"

Me: Why not?
Little Boy: I just can't!
Me: Why not? It's true! She will be inexperienced and I will do a much better job at looking after the children. Am I not doing a good job looking after you?

At this point, there was an awkward pause. Little Boy looked helplessly at me and then said, "I can't tell her that she is inexperienced at looking after our children, Mom. That would be like Daddy telling you that you're no good at looking after JieJie and me."

Hmmmm... I must admit that Little Boy had a good point there!! But I insisted "You gotta tell her something!! Or is that you don't trust me to look after your kids?" Okay... I do admit that the last bit was somewhat lowdown eh?

And then Little Boy proposed the following, "I can tell her that you won't mind helping to look after the children so that she can concentrate on her career." Hmmmm... he's a gong-gong, my son... but I think he'll do well with women.

After about 30 minutes, Little Boy came back and said "Ummm... Mom... I don't know if my wife will want to have 3 children." And that was when I dissolved into giggles. Little Boy is so earnest and funny!!

5 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

I hereby present you, the Fry Award For The Best Kids Story of The Week.

*applause*
*pops champagne*
*confetti*
*lion dance*

keep up the goooood work!! give us more good entries, please!

btw, ain't no more stories of Milo?

Petunia Lee said...

Fry - Heh! You're funny too in this comment!

Blur Ting said...

Oh, he's such a sweetie. He'll be nice to mummy and wifey for sure!

And you're so cute to ask him all these questions! :-)

Malar said...

So sweet! He will definately become any women's "favorite" kind of man!!

Petunia Lee said...

Malar - Sigh! I hope he marries a lady who will love him and not take advantage of his kindness...