LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

So Adorably Smart!

I have wondered quite often why my favourite hawkers have become my favourite hawkers. Today, I had a moment of epiphany. I like them because they are really really smart!

When the government mandated that all food handlers had to wear masks, I told myself, "Yay! Now those stubborn folks will have to wear masks to protect themselves." However, I still felt bad that they had to work in such hot and humid conditions with mask on. It must be suffocating!

I passed by today and saw them wearing transparent face masks. So smart hor? The government mandated mask wearing. They did not say what type of masks. So, this is what those people came up with.


Every other hawker was sweltering in surgical masks and cloth masks. These resourceful and fast thinking ones wore these nifty little things. My favourite hawkers were the only ones to think out of the box. 

Ok lah... I don't think these masks afford enough protection but I am not the one who has to sweat in a hot and confined space for more than 8 hours a day. Added to that, they aren't allowed to come out of their stalls to mingle with customers either. Before they keel  over from the virus, they might keel over from the heat!

Will I buy from them in this period? No. 

Do I find their intelligence adorable? Yes.

I cannot do much to help. So, I made them liang cha to help with the heat. I also finally understood why I have a soft spot for them. 





No comments: