LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, April 20, 2020

Definitely Came Out of Mommy School!





I used to follow Ho Ching's facebook posts, until the clearly pro-SG govt stance became intolerable for me. So, I unfollowed her and followed Tastemade, as well as Chic & Antique. Then, I saw the above on Mothership.

It is such a heartwarming post, you know. You can hear a mama speaking. This is not one of those irritating, naggy and emo-emo mamas, though. She is lovingly cajoling.

- We may be that asymptomatic case, kan?
- Surely, as the Chinese say - better short pain than long pain, yah?

She is informative and knows so much that is deeply practical (like every graduate of Mommy School). Clearly, this is a woman who has rolled up her sleeves to wash the bathroom sink and the toilet bowl. She knows these parts of the house well, and her planning and her advice take these unglamorous parts of the house into account.

Splatter around basin, brown stain spots... kitchen counter tops got flu virus wor... but don't you go using alcohol to swab you sillies! Because alcohol is flammable and there is fire in your kitchen, ya? Also ah... betadine is not good for pregnant folks so you don't go and be silly and use liberally everywhere hor!

After I am done reading her post, I almost want to smile and say, "Yes, mama! Thank you, mama!"

I tell you, when I ask The Husband why he left a greenish yellow blob in the bathroom sink, he looks at me and says, "Where got? The sink looks so clean to me!"

Men don't even SEE the dirt in the sink, let alone think up ways to disinfect it, and ways to not get hurt from the ways to disinfect the sink. I wonder if Ho Ching's husband is blind to greenish yellow blobs in the bathroom sink.

I really wonder loh.... if she had been Head of State... whether we would be in lockdown now. This said, I am not complaining. I am enjoying this lockdown. The Husband is still working but his hours are a lot more humane now. We almost never had weekends to ourselves. Even on weekends, The Husband was always distracted with a constant stream of emails and whatsapp messages. Not since the times when we were dating have I enjoyed so much of The Husband's undivided attention.

What bliss!

And, my children! The last time we all sat around to play games on my bed was when they were in primary school. The weekend just past was a blast of joy. My children had so many games to propose!


No comments: