LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Pistachio, My Maltipoo






I got me a maltipoo. That is a cross between a poodle and a maltese. I was careful to get one with the temperament of a maltese (happy to fall asleep on my lap as I work on my reports), and the coat of a poodle (a nice pistachio brown with curls).

This is a good dog for me.

Firstly, it is contented to sit there and say nothing. The problem with people is that you have to talk to them. People think me odd or unfriendly, if I sit near them and keep quiet. Oft times, that is exactly what an autistic person just wants to do with the people we like. I always mess up on new friendships because of the pressure to have to make small talk. It stresses me so much that I sometimes panic and move away. Till today, The Husband and I can spend hours together, just being near each other, without saying anything. I don't understand why neurotypical people must make so much conversation and why they are uncomfortable with simply sitting near each other.

The reason why the braised pork boys are so dear to me is that they seem to read what I mean, and need, without me saying anything at all (especially the tall, dark and skinny one... at least, he used to be able to till lately). It's called telepathic customer service, ya know.

Secondly, Pistachio smells nice. Smell is my trigger. I can smell things other people cannot smell. If I don't like the way the dog smells, it would be an impossible relationship.

Thirdly, Pistachio is quiet. I have had him for half a day. I have not heard him say anything.

Fourthly, Pistachio loves cuddles. I am super cuddly with people I love.

Fifthly, Pistachio is intelligent. In half a day, he has learnt where it should go pee. I cannot wait to teach him tricks. The reason why Milo and I have never hit it off is because Milo is incredibly stupid. Intelligence matters so much to me.


No comments: