LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, January 27, 2020

Chinese New Year 2020

This is the first year that out Chinese New Year festivities involved our children's partners. By Day 3, everyone is sick of the traditional abalone, fish, hotpot etc... So, we picked a burger joint amidst green trees for our little family gathering.

I feel blessed that we have 2 new almost additions to our family. This phase of our lives is important to get right. It will set the tone for family relationships in the next 50 years. I have no room for error in managing the integration of my children's partners into the family. Bad blood sown now will fester into toxic relationships later. So, we want to be careful to let these partners know that we welcome them warmly, and that we will treat them with respect and consideration.

I will not make the same mistakes that my mother-in-law made with me. 

It helps also that both my children have chosen well.




No comments: