LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

No More Tauhuey For Us!

With the advent of menopause, I began to develop dry eyes and flaky dry skin on the upper lip. Dry skin is manageable with creams. Dry eyes can be managed with some eye drops. However, if skin and eyes are drying out, arteries and veins will also harden. I could not apply cream to my arteries and veins.

I found that a bowl of tauhuey (without sugar) a day kept everything moist and supple. So, when The Husband developed an itchy, dry patch on his forehead, I made him eat 1 bowl of tauhuey a day too, to protect his arteries. The itchy, dry patch went away.

However, The Husband complained that he kept putting on weight despite eating only air. I, too, noticed weight gain despite exercising like an Olympic athlete. Soy beans are high in phyto-oestrogens. Excess oestrogens cause weight gain.

So, I had to search for an alternative. No more tauhuey... at least, not every day.

Apparently, omega 3 fatty acids are good for dry eyes, dry skin and hardening arteries. Let's hope it works and does not also cause weight gain!








2 comments:

Rachel Tan said...

I wonder if tau huay is highly processed. Soy is actually pretty controversial and soy seems to be highly genetically modified.

Petunia Lee said...

Yah lohhhh...