LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Mama VS Papa

Men have very different attitudes towards harmful pathogens than women. When the children were little, I would keep The Daughter's milk formula measuring spoon in a jam jar. I washed my hands every time I opened the jar to take out the spoon. Once I had measured out the milk powder, I carefully put the spoon back in the jar again.

The Husband left the spoon inside the can of milk powder for easier access.

Again and again, male friends tell me "Dirty Eat Dirty Grow," when I question why they've just handed their child a piece of food from off the floor. I personally saw The Son pick up a piece of meat off the carporch floor and swallow it, smiling and saying, "I will be fine."

The Husband stuck a finger up his nose and when caught, grinned sheepishly at me, "Doing this helps my immunity." Men are so used to overcoming challenges that they want to have a good go at surmounting everything. Once, whilst in the pool, The Son's 9 month old head went under water. The Husband said, "He will learn to come up again," even as I panicked and grabbed my son.

Hence, Boris Johnson took the patriarchal line, "Let the virus go through the population so that we can have herd immunity."

Jacinda Ardern took the matriarchal line, "If we let the virus go through the population, a lot of people will die before we achieve herd immunity.

Have a look at this video to see how men choose to live with danger, and women have zero tolerance for it. Click HERE.




No comments: