LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Love From A Previous Life 前生缘

One of C-drama's repetitive themes is that of past life unions. Again and again in almost every story, there is the poignant mention of past life lovers not recognising each other... or the even more heart rending notion of meeting someone in this life that you can never be with, and yet something in your soul calls out in yearning.

The theme song of 孤芳不自赏 portrays this emotional tension beautifully.




那一次我经过你身边
来不及回头看一眼
却闻到很熟悉的味道有点咸
像耳边眼泪的伤感

那是种很小心的呢喃
仿佛诉说著前生缘
虽然听不清是怎样一段过往
却能感知一种不舍叫思念

前生的爱终究会留下一个记号
就是我偷偷把眼泪都吞掉
把不能说的痛自己承受
而你却什么都不知道

前生的爱终究会留下一个记号
就是你所有记忆都清空掉
只用陌生眼神看着我
直到有天我们都变老
这秘密依旧完好

That moment when I passed by you by
I did not turn back in time to see you
Yet, I smelled something familiar... a little salty
Like tears of sadness flowing past my ears

It was a careful whisper
As if sighing the story of a previous liaison
Although I can’t quite make out the meaning
I can feel a sort of deep longing

The love from a past life will leave a mark
Which is me swallowing my tears secretly
Bearing the unspeakable pain
Which you know nothing of

The love from a past life will leave a mark
Where all your memories are erased
You look at me with the eyes of a stranger
Until one day we all get old
And the secret is still not opened up

No comments: