LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, June 22, 2020

Most Used Combination


The Gill Mask is expensive. I reserve my Gill Mask for airconditioned environments where the risk of aerosolised virus is much higher. I try as much as possible to avoid such airconditioned places. Hence, I don't need my Gill Mask as much. I use it sparingly and only in situations where I need to maximise my own protection.

Mostly, I lend my Gill Mask to The Husband, to wear to work. After 1 day of wear, his own Gill Mask smells bad. So, he wears my Gill Mask the next day, whilst I wash his smelly one in hot soapy water, and dry it in the sun. I also scent the Gill Mask filters with Yves Rocher's lilac eau de toilette.

After collecting everything from fisherman's hats to Gill masks and an assortment of mask sleeves and mask pockets, my most used combination is now...
- the $2 a piece 3 ply cloth masks with a wet wipe insert (pre-washed and pre-dried wet wipe)
- along with the above face shield.

This combination is reasonably comfortable. Besides, I really have a lot of these cloth masks.

Now that the crowds are back everywhere, I don't feel safe with only a face mask on. Even through the face mask, I can still smell the scent of some people's breath as they walk past me. Wearing the face shield along with the face mask does effectively block out these smells.

The masks are worn so close to the face that it is awful if they do not smell nice. I have so many of those $2 cloth masks that I can afford to wear a fresh one every time I step out of the house. It feels good to put on a fresh smelling cloth mask every trip out. To hot and humid places where the Covid19 virus aerosols poorly, the cloth masks suffice, especially since I can easily change out a wet, smelly one for the fresh, clean, spare one inside my bag.

Smells give me stress but smells also give me pleasure. I enjoy sunning our masks and bath towels immensely. Even though my helper can do these things, I will personally wash our masks and sun dry our towels, for nothing more than the pleasure of being able to enjoy the scent of the sun on them later in the day.

There is something magical about how The Husband's smelly bath towel becomes fresh and nice smelling after 3 hrs in the sun. I hold it in my hands and imagine The Husband also breathing in the sunlight on his bath towel after his shower. That is just me though. The Husband probably does not smell a thing, and he may not even be able to tell the difference between his funky wet towel and the warm, dry and sweet smelling one that I hang out for him after his shower.





No comments: