LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Kimly

Right in the midst of Covid19 in March 2020, Kimly did a shares buyback. I thought that it was a good sign. So, I started looking at this company's financials in more detail. It had a strong cash position. It's PE ratio is 12.93. Its dividend yield is 4.98%. The stock traded at a high of 55 cents in 2017 and was trading at 19c in the midst of Covid19, in Singapore.

The trading volume for Kimly was very thin, and still is, even though the share price has gone up to 22.5c, as at Friday 5 June.

Kimly manages kopi tiams in the HDB heartlands. It has a few downtown kopi tiams but not many. I figured that people in the HDB heartlands all need to eat. Even during Covid19, the kopi tiams in the HDB heartlands still see a steady stream of patrons. People need to eat and not everyone wants to cook.

Kimly's share price does not swing up and down wildly. It kind of stays flat. It is not a company that attracts much interest from investors. Its business is far from sexy. Yet, the company is in a business that is relatively recession proof. If I put money there, I may not make a lot of money, but I am assured of a steady stream of passive income.

In the midst of Covid19, I feared that some companies would go bust. I knew Kimly would pull through. So, I bought Kimly. Now, I own a bit of these kopi tiams that I go to every week.


No comments: