LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, June 22, 2020

Gluten Free Low Carb Chocolate Cake


Gluten free cakes are expensive. So, when Tastemade showed me a chocolate cake recipe made from coconut flour, I jumped on it. This is a keeper. I will be able to magic up a slice of home made chocolate cake now. It is low carb too because there is very little sugar, and no wheat flour at all.

Ingredients
6 eggs
2 cups desiccated grated coconut
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder


Method Steps
(1) Beat the. egg whites into stiff peaks.
(2) Beat egg yolks with sugar till light yellow and fluffy.
(3) Add cocoa powder into fluffy egg yolks. Mix well.
(4) Add dessicated grated coconut. Mix well.
(5) Add baking powder. Mix well.
(6) Fold in the egg whites gently.
(7) Bake at 175C for 45 minutes. Turn down to 130C for another 10 minutes.
(8) Cool on a rack before cutting.



5 comments:

Rachel Tan said...

May I use coconut flour in place of grated coconut?

I'll try this with a keto-sweetener and will update you on the outcome!

Petunia Lee said...

I was gonna use coconut flour the next time I make this. What keto-sweetener are you using? Erithrytol?

Rachel Tan said...

My current pantry has monk fruit (white powder form) and liquid stevia. I usually use a mix of both in baking. Erythritol (powder) should be arriving in the mail soon!

I've been enjoying simple keto bakes very much. However I do think I overconsume nuts. Will have to cut back, hence exploring coconut flour. I haven't tried baking with coconut flour yet - have been using almond flour or almond meal.

Rachel Tan said...

update me on coconut flour! It's kinda gooey me thinks....

Petunia Lee said...

I will take a while. This cake will last us a few months in the freezer.