LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Cotton Candy/Undie

Choosing the Best Underwear for Eczema | AtopicDermatitis.net

Picture from HERE.


Every day, at my bathtime, a battle of wits takes place between Pistachio and me. What are we fighting over? My underwear.

It started innocently enough. He was only a 3 month old puppy when he was exposed to the sleazy world of human underwear. I thought it was cute how he would sniff my pile of dirty clothes on the floor, next to the shower cubicle. I let him be. It took me a while to notice that he was particularly interested in my underwear. It did not occur to me that this inadvertent early imprinting would have such lasting effects because Pistachio has now developed a life long fascination for all our underwear. His favourite is still mine.

When I cottoned on to Pistachio's delight in my cotton undies, I gently removed them from his mouth, with a firm, "No!"

This progressed to a firm, "No!" and a nice sharp whack on his butt. Then, he would stare reproachfully at me with cotton candy (oops... no... cotton undie) still hanging from his mouth.

With a few nice whacks, Pistachio did get the message that my cotton undies are not his cotton candy. But alas... the allure of said cotton candy was simply too strong. It has now got to a point where he and I try to outwit and outwill each other.

Last night, after my shower, Pistachio came over to sniff at me. I suppose it was to ascertain that I had really just showered. He then made his way to the pile of dirty laundry on the floor. He looked at me. I looked at him. He looked nonchalant, and trotted out of the bathroom as if to say, "Nah... I am not interested in your cotton undies."

I told myself, "Ahhhh! What a good doggie! He has stopped having unrighteous motives vis-a-vis my cotton undies." Pleased at my own world class skills as a dog trainer, I went to dry my hair. When I came back to gather up my dirty laundry to place in the laundry basket, I could not find my cotton undie (Pistachio's cotton candy). I could not find my dog either.

He had sneakily made off with the cotton candy, found a large armchair, hidden behind it and was furiously trying his best to eat up all of it as fast as he could manage.

Dogs are capable of lying, you know. Pistachio lied to me! He pretended that he was not interested in my undies. Then, he stole them and hid himself away to do the unmentionable. I am just so surprised at this dog's intelligence.


No comments: