LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, September 18, 2020

Liziqi Wannabe Garden

A few friends forwarded me videos of an Azerbaijani woman making food from her garden produce. I looked and then decided, "Nah... I still like Liziqi."

Liziqi uses beautiful plates and magnificent cast iron woks. Azerbaijani woman uses aluminium basins. Liziqi plans beautiful colour contrasts into her videos. Azerbaijani woman just films her everyday life. Liziqi wears lovely clothes from very rustic to very fairylike. Azerbaijani woman wears, you know, what I would wear if I were an Azerbaijani woman.

The whole allure of Liziqi is that I wanna be like her and will never get there. So, I watch her videos and dream. Youtube now has plenty of rural copycats of Liziqi. No one will ever quite match her in my heart. I am a die hard Liziqi fangirl!

For what it's worth, here is some produce from my Liziqi Wannabe Garden. Note to Dr. Pet's parents: some of the veggies are for sale. If you order today, I will deliver them tomorrow. The pictures were taken this morning. So, what you see is what you get. Please note that these veggies are fully organic and poop fed.

Kangkong.
4 bunches available at $2 a bunch.
1 bunch left

Sweet potato leaves.
8 bunches available at $2 a bunch.
Sold out!

Laksa leaves: 4 bunches at 50c a bunch.
Chop into bits and mix into white rice with butter. Deliciously fragrant rice!


Bottle gourd: Not for sale.

Guava: Not for sale.

Thai basil: 3 bunches at 50c a bunch.
2 bunches left.

Sweet basil: 2 bunches at $2 a bunch.
Sold out.



No comments: