LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Sony WH-1000XM4


I received these noise cancelling earphones as a gift. These are Active Noise Cancelling earphones. They use sound matching technology to identify nearby ambient sound, such as the hum of helicopters flying overhead or the constant rumble of traffic coming from the road. Then, they emit sound waves to neutralise these disturbing soundwaves, introducing stillness and calm into my world. 

These phones are most effective in places where the overall sound and volume remain constant. 

I had never experienced such technology before. Hence, I did not know I needed it. Now, I cannot do without it. It is possible to experience the quiet and the calm that characterised April 2020's circuit breaker. The house next door is being re-built. The construction noise is unrelenting. On Friday, all the noise was giving me a headache. It was impossible to even nap to get rid of the pain. 

I popped the earphones on. The world went silent. I slept the sleep of an infant, waking refreshed and rested. 

At home, we are all noise sensitive. The Daughter and The Husband are even more affected by noise than I am. So, with my bluetooth Active Noise Cancelling earphones on, I can walk everywhere and hear my music without disturbing others in my family.


No comments: