LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Pistachio: The Palace Concubine

Our Pistachio is not just a dog. He is a diva dog. I realised it on the day some friends came by for lunch. My friends and I had not seen each other in years. So, none of the visitors noticed the small poodle at their feet. Pistachio did his best to charm them, greet them, get their attention. No one even looked down at him. We were busy catching up on each others' lives.

Pistachio got mad. Oh! He was so mad!

He started yelling at my guests rudely. I imagine he was calling them all manner of rude names and asking them questions like, "Do you know who I am?! I am Pistachio Donald Trump Lee! How dare you come to my home and not greet me!?"

I was shocked at my dog's behaviour. So, I shooed him upstairs to shut him up. I thought little of it. Pistachio, apparently, was mortally insulted. M said that he was sad and moody for the rest of the day. The next morning, I had quite forgotten about shooing him upstairs. 

As Pistachio was coming up the stairs, I called out to him. He looked at me, ran past me to drink from his water bowl. I was surprised but thought that he was too thirsty. So, I waited for him to finish drinking. When done, Pistachio ran past me downstairs without giving me a second look.

I felt snubbed. I thought, "Nah! It cannot be. Dogs don't know how to snub."

I was busy. So, I went off to do my chores. Later in the morning, Pistachio was getting his blow-dry after his bath. I held out my arms to him. Normally, he will come and jump into my arms to get cuddled. This time, he wriggled his way out of M's arms, ran past me to drink water again! Then, he stood at a distance and gave me a level stare, before wriggling back into M's arms for the rest of his blow-dry.

Aiyo... for sure, that was a snub! So, I had to sit on the floor and ask forgiveness for all of us snubbing him the day before. Fortunately for me, Pistachio deigned to forgive me.

This morning, it was raining. Pistachio was not allowed outside. Angry, he placed a nice piece of angry poop on the kitchen floor. M smacked his butt 3 times. For the whole morning, Pistachio would not go near her.

I wonder if Pistachio is some reincarnation of a misbehaving Chinese palace concubine from an ancient past.


No comments: