LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Mommarchy Coupons

Our home is run along the principles of a mommarchy. That is to say, I am a mommarch, a mother who holds absolute and non-negotiable power over her subjects. That is to say, 2 children. Do bear in mind that a mommarchy is not the exercise of power in perpetuum. Once the children have a means of independent income, one gives up power.

So, I suppose, I exercised power for 18 years. For many of those years, I slowly yielded power to my subjects (i.e., children), teaching them judgment, equipping them with skills to earn a good living and be good people, allowing them gradually greater and greater degrees of freedom. My 2 children grew up and took power. Happily, the transition of power was largely smooth... except for that moment when The Daughter wanted to spend 6 months in Israel during the 2014 war. There was rebellion then, and the rebel won.

For a while now, my kingdom has had no more subjects. So, I got me a dog. Now, I am mommarch over a kingdom with one dog. I am trying to get Pistachio to understand that he must give me a gift for Mother's Day. I don't think he quite gets the notion yet.

Mother's Day is in 3 days. I spent about 30 minutes crying over all the gifts from the past years. My favourite are the mommarchy coupons below. I have a whole booklet of them. I announced to my children this morning that I want to be buried with these coupons.







No comments: