LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Reusable Nespresso Capsules

 



I gave away my old Nespresso machine because I did not like that the coffee capsules were made of aluminium. I guess that I am not the only one uncomfortable with aluminium contamination in my coffee, because someone invented a stainless steel reusable coffee capsule for the Nespresso machine. The same capsule can be loaded with tea leaves too. Whilst I am at it, I suppose I could also load it with cinnamon powder (mixed with rice), teal leaves with toasted rice, rosemary leaves, chamomile leaves, or even American ginseng bits.

The possibilities are endless.

Nespresso now has a different business model. The machine costs $1 but one must sign up for a 12 month subscription of coffee capsules. The Daughter was spending $5 a day on Starbucks. So, she signed up for 12 months of Nespresso coffee capsules.

I quite like the Nespresso coffee capsules because each keeps one dose of coffee powder, vacuum packed and fresh, within an air tight mini container. This extends the shelf life of my coffee powder, which is important because I drink coffee rarely, and one sleeve of Nespresso coffee capsules can sit a long time in my pantry.

So, with the 12 month subscription, we now transfer the Nespresso coffee powder into the stainless steel capsule for insertion into the Nespresso machine. This gives me peace of mind, knowing that there won't be aluminium contamination into my beverage.



No comments: