LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Fermented Pork: Success!

 




The last time I made fermented pork, it turned into bacon. M gave me a look and mumbled something about letting her make it. So, ok. I let her make it. I contented myself with devising the recipes to use the fermented pork:
- fermented pork soup and 
- fermented minced pork on rice

Both tasted really good. The fermentation seems to have made the pork less greasy. The slight hint of sourness tastes clean and crisp, leaving the palate craving more.

I am not posting the recipe. It took all the courage I had to eat the dishes. I was so afraid of botulin poisoning. To be very sure, I pressure cooked the pork before adding it to the vegetable soup. I also toasted the minced pork to a crisp at 200C. Botulism is fatal and this bacteria grows best in anaerobic conditions in the presence of water. This explains why M was very particular about drying the pork before rubbing stuff on it. 

Don't try this at home, ok?

No comments: