LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, July 11, 2021

In Love With Shopee

Necessity is the mother of invention. Much as I disliked going to Chong Pang Market, I found it useful to go to a wet and humid, non-airconditioned place to shop for fresh fruits and vegetables. With the Delta variant of Covid19, wet and humid environments no longer offer any protection. I also did not want to go into the malls.

So, I found fruits and vegetables on Shopee. At first, I was hesitant and skeptical. Would the fruits arrive in bad shape? It turned out much better than I thought it would. The fruits were actually better than what I have been buying in Chong Pang Market. I was thrilled! It is hard to choose mangosteens without some degree of spoilage. In the whole bag of mangosteens, none were spoiled. I could not find longans at Chong Pang Market. The Shopee longans came fat, juicy and with thick flesh. Greatly encouraged by my fruit success, I also ordered my week's supply of vegetables from Shopee. Again, the results far exceeded expectations. Perfect vegetables.

Shopee has really grown on me. I used to shop sporadically on Lazada, believing Shopee to be where unprofessional sellers hang out to entrap unsuspecting customers. Instead, Shopee has matured into a fabulous online shopper's paradise. So far, I find that if I pay attention to Shopee online reviews, my buying experience is very good. I have yet to give anything less than 5 stars to any of the sellers I buy from.

Shopee is way better than Chong Pang Market. The range of wares is far wider. If I can spell it, I can find it. The prices are often better than Chong Pang Market's itinerant hawkers. I have bought everything from kitchen gadgets to nutritional supplements to teletubby suits to an LG Styler (it automatically irons clothes).




No comments: