LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, July 23, 2021

Knitting Projects

 


Now that we have gone back to Phase 2, I have more time for my knitting projects. The white sweater is 100% Peruvian highland wool. A sweater like this retails for between SGD$350 to SGD$600. Knitting it myself, I spent only $120. I bought the yarn from a site called Lovecrafts.

The brown sweater is made of 100% cashmere wool. A 100% cashmere wool sweater retails for upwards of SGD$1500. When we travelled to Bologna, a handknitted cashmere wool long shawl cost 800 euros. Knitting the sweater myself, I spent only SGD$98. I bought the yarn from Colourmart. Colourmart collects leftover yarns from textile factories, and sells them at tiny prices. The problem is that they don't restock the same colour of yarn if it runs out. That is ok, though. I simply buy a larger quantity than I think I need.

I am thrilled that I manage to complete the cashmere wool sweater before The Son goes off to Cambridge. Both sweaters are warm and soft. The Peruvian highland wool yarn was an extremely enjoyable knit. It felt so good to touch and feel the yarn through my fingers. Soft, strong and fluffy yarn, it was. 

I am a yarn addict. It is hard to say "No," to luxury yarns. So, despite worrying that I won't have time to knit even more projects, I managed to still collect yarn inside my cupboard.

This is 100% silk yarn that I bought for SGD$112. 
This is enough to make a mid thigh length pullover for me.

This is bamboo yarn that I bought for SGD$24 a bag.
I bought 2 bags to make a long summer dress.
Bamboo yarn wicks perspiration and draws heat away
from the body. Maybe, I can wear this to The Daughter's wedding.






No comments: