LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Little Things and Love


On a daily basis, I have one gesture of love for my husband. I sun his bath towel and wash his masks. Both these activities engage my 2 autistic sensitivities:
- touch
- smell

I don't as much enjoy washing these little things. What I most love is when the masks and towels are dry. I touch them. I run my fingers over them. I smell them, breathing in the fragrance of sunshine. We throw our undies into the wash but masks are different than undies. I can smell my masks. Every 2 hrs, I must change out my reusable mask because I cannot tolerate the smell of stale breath in my own mask. 

I like the smell of freshly washed and sunned masks and towels. It makes me happy, calms me and because I derive so much joy from touching and smelling freshly laundered masks and towels, it has become almost a ritual in my head when I wash The Husband's masks, and sun his bath towel. I imagine that he too can experience the same joy when he uses the items.

He does not you know. He does not have the same sensitivities that I do. The Husband's nose does not quite work. Even when his towel is dirty, he cannot smell a thing. However, he tries very hard to enjoy the smell and the feel of these little things, because he loves me, and wants to appreciate what I do for him.





 

No comments: