LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, January 18, 2021

Boxing Gloves and Weights

Muay Thai is going to be hard for me but there is nothing that cannot be done if I take small steps over a long period of time. When goals look impossible, success is only a matter of minuscule cumulative steps. 

I don't even know if I will actually fight anyone. Sparring seems like a daunting prospect. However, learning how to punch and kick a punching stand sounds like fun, and a good workout. 

I bought wrist weights to wear through the day, at home. Everything I do, from cutting vegetables to typing on the keyboard is now weighted down by 1 kg weights on each hand. If you want to try this, do please note which posture will stress your joints instead of your muscles. Never let the arms hang down straight by the sides of your body. 

Learning Muay Thai isn't really about kicking in the face of the man HERE. It is better to avoid a fight. So, Chong Pang Market is now in the list of places that I will avoid because they are unsafe for me:

- pubs

- nightclubs

- Chong Pang Market

Learning Muay Thai strengthens bone density. I realise that this is missing from my workout. Women are more prone to osteoporosis. Now that I am menopaused, I am probably losing bone calcium slowly. So far, I have been careful to build muscle. Now, I am going to also build bone.






No comments: