LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Panacea for Loneliness

Waiting for me as I work.

All the girls in the family enjoy Pistachio thoroughly. The men in the family do not consider him a real dog. They think he is a carnivorous rabbit. Such dog-ist people they are. The Husband strides through the house with his big steps, not even looking twice at Pistachio. The Son says, "Shoo! Get out of my room!"

Milo's personality is a whole lot like The Husband's and The Son's - brooding and moody and quiet. Those 3 get along because they are cut from the same cloth. They are not playful and happy, like Pistachio and me. My men are silent, unsmiling, serious and grumpy - prickly durians with soft and kind hearts. 

Hard to get to know. 

Not easy to open.

Yet, both speak a love language that I understand. They show love through action. Milo is like that too... but only with The Daughter. Milo is very selective. The Daughter is Milo's love.

I am Pistachio's love. Then again, unlike Milo, Pistachio is not very selective. Pistachio loves everyone. Since he is only a dog, and not a man, I am quite ok with it. I just need some company through the long lonely afternoons in my study. Who cares if he loves everyone else too!

Pistachio loves to play and when he is not playing, he needs to be within 2 metres of me (or someone). Usually, as I work, Pistachio sleeps next to my armchair. If I even get up to go the toilet for a few minutes, he wants to come. He loves snuggling, smells nice and is such a quiet little dog, with eyes that shine with love. Pistachio's temperament has stolen all the hearts of us girls in the family. We have even been working on Pistachio's royal titles:

- Sir Floofyball
- Hunter of Socks
- Conqueror of Towels
- Sole Heir to the Shoebox Throne

Pistachio is spunky. Milo, out of jealousy, can get rough with Pistachio. Pistachio tried at first to charm Milo into playing. When Milo insisted on being aggressive and unfriendly, Pistachio scolded him loudly in a barky voice. When we separated them, it was Pistachio who scrambled to get back in the fray, "Let me at him! Let me at him! I am gonna give him a left hook he won't forget!"

At the park, Pistachio marches up to HUGE dogs with no fear at all! Either he is very stupid or really very brave. I guess it is the same thing.



No comments: