LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, March 9, 2020

Looking Young






I look forward now to Mondays and Tuesdays. On these 2 days, I go first to Chong Pang Market to tapau a teh si kosong. Then, I head to Sembawang Beach with Pistachio. Sometimes, I pack along a small piece of gluten free toast with kaya.

Pistachio is really good company. He sits quietly on the passenger seat on the way there. Once there, he waits patiently for me to walk over to open the passenger seat door and get him out. He used to clamber over to the driver's seat but I only needed to tell him once to stay on the passenger side and he understood. This little dog's intelligence is much higher than Milo's.

When walking, Pistachio does not pull on the leash. He sometimes wants to stop and examine something. I let him because you know, it is a bit like walking with a person. Sometimes, the other just wants to stop and look at something. Mostly Pistachio just wants to listen and smell. He probably is smelling other dog's pee, but... errrr... let's not get judgmental about another's lifestyle choices huh?

Then, when we get to the spot to view the sunrise, Pistachio will sit companionably with me whilst I drink my teh si kosong and eat my kaya toast. I'll let him lick some kaya off my fingers and then, we both sit there to admire the sunset, his head on my lap.

Today, Pistachio met a lady he really liked. He went over and did his little play bow, an invitation to her to play with him. So, us 2 ladies got to chatting. I discovered that she is actually younger than I am, with children younger than mine. However, she looked much older and her body was not strong. She had collapsed 7 times in the past 12 months.

Oh... I so understand how that feels. It has been a long journey working and feeding my own body back to good health. It has been a long journey building muscle mass. Last year, I did not collapse at all. 

I realise that women my age can look very different. Some can look like this.


Others, like Brigitte Macron (who is 25 years older than her husband, Emmanuel Macron, Prime Minister of France), still looks like this at age 67. Brigitte Macron is my new idol. When I grow up, I wanna look like her.


No comments: