LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Songs We Like

We all like Country Music. The question is - What KIND of country music? Here is a sample of the songs The Husband and Little Boy like...

If you see me comin', better step aside
A lot of men didn't, a lot of men died
One fist of iron
The other of steel
If the right one don't get you, then the left one will

You load 16 tonnes
What do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
St Peter don't ya call me
Cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store


Every time these words come on. Both testosterone deformed individuals will laugh and snigger evil-ly... tapping their feet in unison.

The Daughter and I like poignant songs like the following...

Our little boy is 4 years old and quite a little man
So we spell out the words we don't want him to understand
Like T-O-Y or maybe S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E
But the words we're hiding from him now tear the heart right out of me


Every time these words come on, we will hum along.

It's kinda hard to agree on what type of country music to play when family males and family females are in the room together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

16 tonnes always reminds me of On Top of Ole Smoky which we used to sing -- in an old miners' pub in Yorkshire when I was just yr regular ditzy undergrad.

Petunia Lee said...

Ummm... ditzy? You?! No way!