LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pain Brioché



It all started with OKC's focaccia bread. After making it a few times, I thought it would be helpful to get a bread machine to help with the kneading. The machine came with a recipe for pain brioché, which is a brioche-like bread.

A brioche normally has a 2:1 flour and butter ratio, but since this bread is brioche-like and not a true brioche, it is healthier with a far higher flour to butter ratio. It still has a lovely buttery fragrance, and a very soft and springy texture inside.... and it is slightly sweet. Lightly toasted the next morning, each slice crisps nicely on the top and remains soft and chewy inside. A bit like the Yakun Kaya toast bread... but still moist inside, somewhat sweet and in thicker slices.

If not for the confidence OKC's focaccia bread recipe gave me, I would never have started making bread... and I would never have bought a bread machine... and I would never ever know how lovely home-made bread tastes.

2 comments:

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Oh... I feel so happy reading this post. Homemade bread is really different right - filled with love and wholesome goodness! This bread sounds yummy! I'm going to try it!

Wen-ai said...

Yup, it looks so soft and yummy!