LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sinfonia

I've recently garnered a new blog follower. Unbeknownst to her, I drop by her blog and browse... and dream... and browse... and then I spend the rest of the day dreaming. This lady (I am told by a reliable source that she's REALLY pretty and REALLY smart) lives on a farm (from what I can make out from the sketchy but alluring details on her blog). She keeps 2 ducks (called YaWho and YaTwo) and 4 sheep (called Hilly, Billy, Milly and Silly).

I don't know what the ducks are for, but her sheep mow the lawn. That oughta give you an idea of how big her lawn is. 4 sheep eat its grass... and I think, looking at how obese those sheep are, that she has too much land for 4 sheep. Her sheep are overfed - quite grossly overfed.

She has a proper proper proper vegetable garden, quite unlike my somewhat make-believe one which has everything in pots. She grows tomatoes, bok choy, lettuces, beetroot, onions, cauliflower... and in the spring time, she gets to complain about spring rains... and maybe, hunt for snails?

Oh... it's like living in an Enid Blyton storybook. Before you know it, there'll be the Five Find Outers bunking out there on the brink of a great adventure with ducks, sheep and a cat. I wonder how much it'll cost to buy a small farm (enough to feed 2 sheep) somewhere in Tasmania.

13 comments:

Malar said...

hahaha! I really thought it's real life story!
Anyway i have invite you for a game. Check my blog!

Petunia Lee said...

Malar - It IS real... she does exist. I like your game... blog tomorrow.

Autumn Belle said...

Your new friend sounds like a very interesting person, just like you.

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

*follow*

Blur Ting said...

After you told me about it that day, I went to take a peek and became instantly envious as well. We all should be living in a farm like her! Let's look for one :-)

Then we can all live near each other and have potlucks and veggie exchange!!

Petunia Lee said...

Autumn Belle - Waah! No I'm not interesting. Stories look better when written out and viewed against a background of autumn leaves. Nothing exciting happens to me most times - bake bread... bake more bread, and then eat bread. Haha! By the way, you've a beautiful gardening blog!!

Petunia Lee said...

Fry - Yup! Highly recommended. I love the jewelry she makes too. I don't wear jewelry, but if I did... I would wear those.

Petunia Lee said...

Ting - I knew you would like it!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Oh.. I love it when friends of mine meet up over blogs.. is a very very nice feeling. I can very much understand about the dreaming part. I'm thinking about moving to Tasmania too! :P

Blur Ting said...

I think you ladies will enjoy this blog that I read daily:
http://deviantdeziner.blogspot.com/

They build gardens for people. If only there are enough customers in Singapore, we can help people build their gardens to make a decent living!

My Sinfonia said...

Please, all come and live in tasmania. Preferably near me, then I can have a lot more kaki and eat more singapore food. But keep your hands off my 2 ducks, 2 chickens and 4 sheep! Come to think of it...no sweat...if you do come, you'll have your own...:D

Blur Ting said...

I'm on my way. And don't worry, I love animals! The more the merrier.

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

its ok, peeper.

we is will have 1 horse + 2 cats + 3 Golden Retrievers + 4 duckies + 5 sheep + 6 monkeys + 7 chinchilla + 8 parrots + 9 cows + 10 hamsters.

then sing Old McDonald Had A Farm together around the apple tree! YAY!!

*WIDE GRIN*