LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 19, 2021

The Evil in Myanmar

In the past weeks, I have viewed videos coming out of Myanmar of such violence that I did not believe possible. The Myanmar military capture protesters, pull out teeth, pull off fingers and behead them. They put the whole lot together and send the corpse with some of its pieces back to its mother. The video has the mother wailing over what is left of a 20 year old young man, his decapitated head lovingly positioned back on the neck of the corpse. I stared at the bewildered of his mother and cringed at her keening wails.

My son is 20 too. In that moment I knew what she was saying even though I understood not a word, "Bring my son back and take me instead. I would give my life for his."

I saw another clip of a soldier shooting point blank into another young man's head. Another showed soldiers dragging naked bodies across a basketball court.

Her village has a few tens of households. The villages around there have been visited by soldiers in the night. The soldiers have pulled out young men and taken them away. They have not been seen since. Teen girls between 12 to 20 have been gang raped and shot in the head afterwards.

The extent of the evil deeds being visited upon the people of Myanmar by their own government is indescribable. There are no words to describe the horrors I saw in Her Facebook page.

The crops at this point are ready for the harvest. Martial law has been declared and the military will shoot on sight anyone who leaves his house. The crops are now rotting in the fields. This winter, there will be no food to eat. The one thing I know is that prayer works. I have gathered everyone I know from the USA to Lebanon to Greece to UK to France to pray. Catholic or Protestant, I don't care. Even if you are a Buddhist or a Muslim, please pray.

Prayer works.

Soldiers pulled on the gates of the village one night. The gates held. The soldiers left. We all got on our knees to pray. The next night, the soldiers were redeployed away from M's village. They came back in the day and took up space in the village square. They did not rape nor kill anyone. 



No comments: