LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Cleaning Leather

 


My secondary autistic sense is Touch. I enjoy feeling textures with my fingers. My primary autistic sense is Smell. I enjoy smelling people I love and fragrances. Both my these senses are greatly satisfied by one single activity: cleaning leather.

Once in a while, I will gather up the whole family's leather bags and shoes. I will line them up in a circle around me, and then, with a cloth, I spend 1 hour rubbing mink oil lovingly into the leather. Once the leather has absorbed the mink oil, I spend another hour rubbing carnauba wax onto the leather to protect it from water and mould.

There is something very therapeutic and calming about cleaning leather, and feeling its texture under my fingers.

2 comments:

Serena said...

Hi Petunia, my comment is irrelevant to your blog post but just wanted to drop a note of thanks for sharing your reconstruction and renovation journey. Even though it has been over 10 years, the posts are still very useful! I was wondering if you are still staying in the same house, and after staying there for a period of time, if it's convenient for you to share if you still feel the same about the workmanship of the main contractor and their sub-contractors.

We are a young family just about to embark on our A&A / reconstruction journey and looking out for reliable contractors as we are (romantically) envisioning that it will be a family home for our kids to grow up in.

You can reach out to me at ngjieyun@gmail.com if you will prefer to reply privately, otherwise, thank you as well. :)

Petunia Lee, PhD said...

Hi Serena... http://www.matronic.com.sg... pls get in touch with Joe Goh at 97924974.