LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, March 22, 2021

No Time to Dream

I am dreamy. When I have time, I like to get lost inside my personal Mind Palace, exploring this thought and thinking that question. Then, I like to go and find answers to my questions. Then, I like to play with the answers inside my head and try to test them in reality. 

That was how I learnt how to:

- cure dandruff

- use garden herbs to cure common ailments

- develop a way to teach EQ

- develop a method to teach kids how to think

I have been so busy that I have not had time to dream. My parent coaching schedule is booked all the way through to May. To be sure, it is rewarding work. I feel such a deep sense of satisfaction to hear parents say:

- We have small wins.

- We are happier.

- He/she is calmer.

- Thank you for helping me understand my child.

I miss dreaming, though. I am doing a lot and not dreaming enough. Dreaming is a necessary part of my life. Without it, I cannot see beyond what is real, to explore what is possible. Without it, I feel trapped and limited. In my imagination anything is possible. Then, after a bit, I can push some of my imagination into reality. That way, I break moulds and do things differently. Then, there is the thrill of seeing the results of breaking the mould.

Prisoners in solitary confinement develop skills in exploring their own Mind Palaces. I guess I learnt to do this out of sheer loneliness. Autistic people don't have many friends. As a child, my internal reality had always been richer and more interesting than the childhood I was living. As a child, escaping into my head kept me sane. As an adult, escaping into my head allowed me to bring the richness of my thought, into reality.

I now understand that the way to imprison the mind in solitary confinement is too have too busy a life. In a life filled with tasks, schedules and things to do, the mind is shackled to one place. 

I need to make time to dream.



No comments: