LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, August 15, 2020

What I Miss About Chong Pang

I don't hang out in Chong Pang Market anymore. I zip in. Then, I zip out. Gone are the days when I used to browse the stalls for bargains or dilly dally around the food stalls whom I know. This morning I realised that I miss a few things about the pre-Covid19 Chong Pang Market.

- I miss the quickening of my heart when I spot a new and innovative product at the itinerant stalls.

- I miss sitting in front of my favourite braised duck stall and watch the men at work, with their precise gestures and focused attention.

- I miss how Ah Yi or the Sugar Cane Auntie used to save me a seat in front of their stalls when it was especially crowded and there were no seats to be had.

- I miss eating the fish soup piping hot onsite. It does not taste the same when I tapau.

- I miss holding The Husband's hand and walking with him to discover the itinerant wares.

- I miss sitting in the foodcourt at 6.15am in the mornings with my Kindle book and a bowl of tauhuey.

I do hope the vaccine comes out soon. Then, life can go back to normal.



No comments: