LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, August 28, 2020

望子成龙




This jade sculpture is called 望子成龙. This is translated to mean "Hope Son Becomes a Dragon." On the left of the stone is a Father Dragon. On the top right, is his Baby Dragon. 

The workmanship is beautiful and the design respects the innate pattern inside the stone. The dark brown colour in a jadeite piece can be considered flaws. In the raw stone, the most beautiful part is the bluish gray part depicting the baby dragon. This part is the colour and translucency prized by collectors. The rest of the stone is quite mehhhh...

However, the master carver has made this piece of natural stone with all its natural colours into a stunning art piece. This is what I hope to do with children. I want to take every flawed child and make it beautiful. I want to be the master carver of people.

I also hope that all the children who have come through The Collaboration Corner will attain dragonhood 40 years from now, when I am probably dead and gone. Yes... I am hoping that the sons and daughters of The Collaboration Corner will go from flawed to dragonlings, and then dragons.

Whilst I am at it, I might as well aim high, right?

This piece can be found at Li Hong in Raffles City Mall. If no one buys it 12 months from today, I will buy it.






No comments: