LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 1, 2020

Teabox Direct Sourced Teas




 


Teabox teas are sourced directly from the tea plantations. So, if the packet says Singbulli Exotic Spring Flowery Oolong Tea, then it is oolong tea harvested and processed in the Singbulli Tea Estate. The Upper Namring Exotic Spring Black Tea comes from the Namring Tea Estate.

For a long time, I did not drink plain brewed tea because I would get bloatedness and tummy upset drinking just about any teabag from the supermarket. I could only drink tea if it had milk in it, like teh si kosong. 

These direct sourced teas do not give me tummy upset.

I am guessing it has to do with glyphosate, a weedkiller. Apparently, even Twinings organic teas contain glyphosate. See HERE. I have tried all sorts of teas, even the teas labelled organic. It was no use. My tummy knew better. Glyphosate is a potent anti-bacterial agent. I can just imagine glugs of it killing all my beneficial gut bacteria with every sip of tea. My gut bacteria population is so poor that I need to take milk kefir every day. I cannot afford to lose any to glyphosate poisoning.

These plantation teas have passed Petunia's tummy test.

I discovered that tea leaves are like meat. They need to be handled low and slow. So, I brew them in low temperatures (in the fridge) for 24 hrs. Then, I pour them into a Chinese teapot to sip through the day. It is a real pleasure.

These are whole leaf teas of a certain quality standard because the tea plantation name comes with it. If the tea were of poor quality, the tea plantation's reputation would suffer. 

In contrast, supermarket teas are sourced from nameless suppliers. These people can play punk with the entire tea process to maximise yield and profitability. Their reputations do not suffer. They compete on price alone, to sell to the big tea distributors like Twinings and Lipton. If you open a Lipton tea bag, you actually see tea dust. So, I am not sure why The Daughter disses me for buying tea dust to make teh si kosong. It is exactly the same thing at a fraction of the cost. At least, I buy tea dust knowing that it is cheap tea dust.

You can buy Teabox Teas HERE.






No comments: