LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Solar Stove: The Gosun Sport




I have been eyeing this solar stove for 3 years. It started as a kickstarter project. I held off buying, waiting for the company to stabilise the technology and iron out the teething problems. Every year, I would youtube the latest reviews.

I finally took the plunge and am thrilled with my buy! On days when I am only cooking for The Husband, M and myself, this stove is enough for a one pot dish. It is quite hassle free because there is no need to watch the pot on the stove. Just fill the tray. Slide it into the solar tube and leave it in the sun.

The meats are succulent because the tube locks in moisture. Food comes out steaming hot. I put in onions and tomatoes. Both veggies came out mushy soft. The water in the tray comes from the natural food juices. I did not add any water at all.

The Husband has plenty of social engagements and often eats out. The Daughter eats out too because she works late. The Son is in the army camp. I often cook only for me and M. I hate cooking just for 2 people. It makes no sense to dirty the whole kitchen just to cook a meal for 2. With this thingy, cooking for 2 won't seem like such a hassle anymore. It is clean, oil-less and requires no supervision.

Yay!




3 comments:

Rachel Tan said...

Have you considered installing solar panels on your rooftop? I did check it out however my roof is unfortunately, too pitched for panels to be installed safely!

Petunia Lee said...

We have solar panels installed on our metal roof. The pitch is slight so it was easy to install.

Rachel Tan said...

Cool! How much power does your solar panel system generate each month? Mine is a small intermediate terrace and my roof also gets sun blockages from neighbours' trees and all. Hence it wasnt viable for us eventually.