LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Attack of One Slimy Snailbag


I woke up this morning to a tray full of chamomile seedlings sans leaves. Only stalks were left sticking out of the little eggpots!! So, after I finished replying to Leah's email at about 10pm, I went to look at the tray in the dark with my torch. Lo and behold... a snail was perched atop a helpless chamomile trying its best to ravish the poor defenceless seedling subjecting it to a fate worse than death.

That DISGUSTING snail!! Here it is... CLOSE-UP.


Will you just look at those shifty eyes and that horny head and slimy hands caught in the act of ... of ... of ... I can't say it. I have never been so angry at a snail before. I only managed to save the last seedling. All the others have perished at the hands of this thief come in the night to rape and plunder at my seedling tray. Of all the seedlings in the tray, this good-for-nothing went straight for the most delicate... most elegant and sweetest plants. It left the periwinkles quite alone, crawled disdainfully over the dandelions and the enveloped as many chamomiles as it could in its repulsive embrace.

And I was so looking forward to distributing seedlings to my friends!! Now all my chamomile ladies have been ravished and I will have to start over. Sob! Waaaaaaaaaaah! I now understand why people in the days of yore invented the "draw and quarter". I seriously contemplated the "boil and herb butter" way of processing that snail.

Anyway, if it's any consolation for those of you who took dandelion seeds from me, snails don't like dandelion leaves.

6 comments:

Blur Ting said...

I can so empathise with you cos I have those exact snails in my garden too! They ate up my vegetables!! I'm so angry too but I can never express my anger as eloquently as you do! I simply grab them and toss them down my patio, right into the shrubs below.

Chawanmushi said...

Ahhhh ..... I totally understand how you feel! That's why whenever I find a snail in the garden, I'll step on them and squash them flat .... phew!
Make them fertilizer for my CG grass.

Barefoot said...

Your pictures of the snail atop the shell are actually pretty...but certainly not the plants where the snail has visited!

I remember what I used to do to big snails when I was very young...put salt on them...so cruel...

Petunia Lee said...

Ting - that's what Little Boy makes me do. He makes me put them downstairs. I am less kind. I put them in a dish of vinegar that I keep around for that purpose.

Petunia Lee said...

Chawan - hey... nice to hear from you again!! I love your kedongdong. If no one eats the fruits you can donate them to me. I looooooove!!

Petunia Lee said...

Leah - yeah... I remember my cousins doing that too!!