LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Selling Organic Vegetables

Sweet potato leaves at $2 a bunch. 
Thai basil at 50c a bunch.

$4 worth of sweet potato leaves.


I have been giving neighbours and friends organic garden veggies left, right and centre. It has come to a point where I feel like I am dumping veggies on them. So, I decided to start selling my veggies. This way, people don't feel like they owe me anything. There is no pressure on them to try and give me things or to repay me. They have already paid me in money.

So, there you have it. Petunia has a new career as an organic vegetable seller.

I love to eat sweet potato leaves. These are hard to find in the markets and they are so easy to grow. Unfortunately, mine has holes because we remove pests by hand, and often we are not able to catch them all. The sweet potato leaves sold in the stores also tend to be quite fibrous. For some reason, the leaves I grow can be huge but their stems stay tender.

I don't think I can make enough money to cover the costs of the garden, but covering some costs is better than none at all.




No comments: