LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Bed Canopy Curtains

This cotton mosquito net comes from HERE.

With dengue fever on the rise, we have had to inspect the ovitraps daily. I must say that the ovitraps really help to keep us safe. When we first moved in here, we could kill upwards of 200 mosquitoes in 1 night. These days, we encounter no more than 2 in 2 weeks. Our ovitraps probably kill thousands of mosquitoes even before they become adult. Each ovitrap has copious larvicide applied to it. They protect not just our household. They protect the whole street.

For added protection, all of us have mosquito nets. Mosquito nets are useful in 2 ways. If the mosquito is trapped inside with us, killing it is easier than chasing it all over the room. If the mosquito is outside the net, we get a good night's sleep.

Mosquito nets can range from $15 to $149, depending on the material. The cotton ones are pricey but they are more robust. The polyester ones are cheap but holes develop quickly. I love the mosquito nets and my ovitraps. They are a chemical free way to get a good night's sleep at the height of the mosquito season.





2 comments:

Rachel Tan said...

Would you have any idea what the signs are that there are mosquitoes lurking around?

Is it when one starts to get mosquito bites?

I haven't gotten bitten yet. That said, I turn on the aircon when I sleep. In the day time, the airconditioning is turned on maybe 1/3rd of the time.

The NEA website recently updated to say that my estate has two cases. Hence, am a bit concerned.

Petunia Lee said...

I only know when I have been bitten, or when I hear them buzz around my ear when the rest of my body is hidden under the blankets. We have the airconditioning on at nights too but if they get into the room, they'll still bite.