LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

M and Her Productivity Tools



When M first arrived, she used a broom and dust pan, and then a sponge mop for the floors. Sweeping the floor took quite a while because you had to make sure you swept gently so that the dust did not fly up. Sweeping also requires a few passes over the same patch of floor. Next, she had to wring dry her sponge mop every now and again. To help reduce her workload, I got her an Ohm Shimono light cyclone vacuum cleaner. This reduced sweeping time to about a quarter the time she used to take. I also got her a spray mop, which reduced the mopping time to about a fifth of the time she used to take. The spray mop can mop the whole room with no need for more than TWO cloth rinses.

So, M was very happy.

When M first arrived, she had to chop garlic using a sort of manual chopper. It took about 45 minutes to fill one glass container with chopped garlic. One day, I came home with a food processor which did the job for her in 2 minutes flat.

So, M was very happy.

One day, I wanted to slice frozen iberico sausage. Never ever use the food processor to slice iberico sausage. The sausage was intact. The food processor broke. The part that we needed to get it working again had to come in from Germany. So, for 1 month, M had to use the manual chopper. Oh! She gave me such grief! Twice or thrice a week, she moaned about how long it took to chop garlic, and slice carrots and of course, she could not make gluten free almond flour cookies for us.

The part arrived, and M was very happy.

One day, I held up a lap cheong, and said that I would try to slice it in the food processor. No way! M blocked my access to the said machine and said, "I slice for you. Later, the machine spoil and I will have to chop garlic with that chopper again." She is now very protective of the food processor. Sometimes, she pats it on its top and says, "This is my favourite."

Today, I saw her mopping with a spray mop that had seen better days. I gently said, "M, there are 2 new spray mops on standby in the store room. Just break out one and use it."

M said, "This one still can use."

Then, I saw her out in the patio sweeping the floor with a broom that was missing its pole. There was only the stiff broom head. She had to squat on the floor to sweep. So, I exclaimed, "M, why didn't you tell me? I can get you a new broom!"

M said, "This one still can use."

M is very very cute.




No comments: