LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Keeping Teeth

 


I had a companionable chat with one of the hawkers today and found out that he does not eat a lot of meat because he has lost 6 molars. I guess it is a matter of time before I lose my teeth too. I am determined to keep them as long as I can.

I started using bicarbonate of soda on my teeth about 20 years ago. It was around that time when my son asked me why I did not take out my teeth to wash. I stared at my stupid son and replied, "You cannot take teeth out of your mouth."

Then, my son stared at his stupid mother and replied, "Yes, you can! Grandma does that every night. I get to play with her teeth too!"

On that day, I discovered that my mother-in-law had very few teeth left. So, I resolved to take care of my set of teeth! So, I started using bicarbonate of soda and xylitol toothpaste. Combined, the 2 quite effectively cured The Husband's gum disease. It also cured me of sensitive teeth. Of course, one must brush properly in gentle circular motions.

Xylitol is antibacterial. Bicarb of soda is granular (before it dissolves) and is great at removing plaque. Over time, it also brightens teeth.

Hopefully, with this combo, The Husband and I can keep all our teeth well into our eighties.




No comments: