LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, February 21, 2020

Their Names

After so many months, I finally learnt the names of my favourite braised pork guys. Ok... maybe not their real names but at least I know how the other hawkers call them.

- The pruney faced one is called Ah Yi.
- The tall, plump and fair one is called Ah Tiong.
- The tall, dark and skinny one is called Bao Bei.
- The smiley and quiet one is called Ah Jui.

There is a table just in front of their stall that I sometimes sit at. Today, I was seated there and was trying to figure out how to clear the table of the previous diners' dirty plates AND guard my food from birds, when Ah Yi quietly came out of the stall to remove ALL the dirty dishes from my table. He did this without saying a word and without even looking at me.

Now, THIS is language an autistic person understands: the language of real, sincere, unequivocal action... wordless and no need for eye contact.

Sayaaaaaaaaang him lah! He really warmed my heart and made my meal taste so much better than normally.


No comments: