LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, June 18, 2021

The Barking Man

Someone in Chong Pang Market barked at me this morning. No, really. He very literally barked like a dog, at me. I am not sure what to make of it. How does one respond to a barking man? Is he barking a greeting? Or is he insulting me in a foreign language? Should I bark back? Or does one have to meow? Is it rude to simply walk away?

Oh well, it takes all sorts to make the world but I must say that Chong Pang Market has very interesting sorts of people, indeed.

With the uptick in Covid19 cases, I have taken to going back to Chong Pang Market for my weekly groceries. I am behind the curve, I think. The old Covid19 virus survived poorly in hot and humid air. Since our schools are not air-conditioned, this prevented the spread in schools. The B.1.617.2 variant from India, has evolved to spread well in hot and humid conditions, I think. As a result, even our hot and humid  schools and wet markets are no longer safe. 

In our family, only M is not yet vaccinated. Once M is vaccinated, we will not need to be as vigilant about catching the virus, since the vaccine will prevent severe illness. In fact, it might be good to actually catch the virus once every year to boost immunity.


No comments: