LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, February 1, 2021

Vertical Meat Grill

I mulled over this purchase for 8 years. I finally decided to get it when I realised that the product was running out in Singapore, and if I did not buy it now for $45, I would have to pay $184 to get it shipped in from the U.K.

For the first time in my life, I succeeded at making crispy French toast, and grilled fish that did not fall apart on the grill. See a demo HERE.

I am more than thrilled with this purchase. This machine is a simple one and yet, it performs so well. Whenever I grill fish on my cast iron grill pan, it smokes up the kitchen and sticks to the pan. The grilled fish often turns into fish flakes. It also needs a fair bit of butter or oil. With this machine, I spray a little oil onto the fish and that is all. The kitchen stays clean. The food  crisps up nicely.

The innovation here is that the grease does not fall onto the heating element. It falls into a drainage pan. Hence, it is smokeless, and crisps food nicely, with little need for oil.

Cheap and good machine!





Lay the meat on the grill and close.

Insert the grill into the giant toaster.

Watch the grease flow out onto this tray. Since it falls onto the tray, and not onto the heating element, there is no smoke.

Set the timer and forget about it.

When it comes to washing, the insides can be completely dismantled and washed.



2 comments:

Rachel Tan said...

Wow! Where to find this product?

Petunia Lee, PhD said...

@Rachel... Try and google "Carousell Ronco Grill"? Hopefully, the fellow still has stocks of it.