LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Diary of Some Tomatoes

My tomato plants are so gu-niang that I don't see how they can survive on their own in the wild. One night of strong winds snapped the stems of 2 beautiful plants. I responded by staking them to my trellis. Another night of strong winds snapped a branch full of blossoms. This made me look at all the other branches and I decided that these silly plants had branches so weak that they would snap under the weight of their own fruits. So, I had to tie the fruiting branches with raffia string to the trellis roof.

I am not sure but I guess tomato plants have been domesticated so thoroughly that they really need human intervention to survive. Tomatoes are really a lot of work to grow!







No comments: