LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Facing Up to Covid19

 I did not do it on purpose, but I liked the way it turned out.

The Husband and I both left for Europe approximately 2 weeks after our 3rd booster shot. The Husband took 2 Pfizers and 1 Moderna. I took 2 Modernas and 1 Pfizer. By the time we reached Europe, our levels of Covid19 antibodies were the highest they had ever been. So, when In France, we took very few precautions. There was not much social distancing in restaurants. French folks talked, laughed and ate barely 50 cm away from me. In one neighbourhood bistro, they did not even check our Passe Sanitaire (the French TraceTogether app).

I used no hand sanitiser, and it was too cold to keep on washing our hands. Others who were in France with us took pains to wipe down all surfaces in their lodgings. We did not. We marched right into crowded restaurants, ate and chatted, unmasked.

We must have encountered the virus many times. Our high levels of antibodies recognised the pathogen and killed them off before they could reproduce enough to get us sick. To me, it was the equivalent of perhaps the 4th and the 5th and the 6th vaccinations. I wanted to let my body encounter and get real familiar with the Covid19 virus.

The Husband did an ART weekly. I reckoned that if he tested positive, I would also test positive. If he was negative, then I would also be negative. After all, husband and wife are one, no? Hahahahaha! Actually, I was just squeamish about sticking things up my nose.

When we returned, we had to do a PCR test, and daily ART. All tests showed negative results. If the 3rd booster protects against Omicron, then what more 3 shots + several encounters with the virus in the wild?

Once people get the 3rd booster, it is a good idea to further train the body to fight Covid19 by facing up to the virus in the wild. No?



2 comments:

Rachel Tan said...

I just completed my post-VTL Day 7 ART testing at the Test Centre after returning from the UK and am grateful/relieved our family tested negative. I kid you not - the A380 flight was nearly 100% full, and there were many screaming kids (presumably unvaccinated) who were obviously unmasked. The overall experience from LHR to SIN on the VTL was highly unpleasant as queues were really long, even for the on arrival PCR. (there are several accounts of this on the Singaporeans Living in the UK Facebook page). And the VTL flights on the day prior to mine, all seemed to have uncovered Omnicron cases.

Petunia Lee said...

Oh dear me... I am glad you are all well!