LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

House of Fruits at Beo Crescent


I have a really good contact to share with readers. This fruit stall near Tiong Bahru curates and delivers to me a box of really delicious fruits, every week. At dinner, I asked The Husband, "Would you like some dragonfruit?"

He replied, "I don't like dragonfruit."

He obligingly took one mouthful and then, he took the spoon from my hand and silently ate up both halves of the dragonfruit that I had cut for him.

I asked, "How is it?"

He said, "Ok lah..."

Then, he took the spoon and scraped the bottom of skin, saying, "Hmmmm... the skin is really thin. One can really get a lot of flesh out of these halves.

I asked again, "It is only ok?"

He replied, "Ya... only ok."

Then, he stared longingly at the 2 pieces of dragonfruit peel on the table.

Right now, it is still kumquat season. The kumquats from Lay Keow do not need to be peeled. The skin packs a crisp crunch that spices up the sweet pulp inside. I wonder if one can get kumquat overdose because I have been stuffing my face with kumquats. There is even Cotton Candy grapes, which I kid you not, really taste like cotton candy!





No comments: