LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Chan Chun Sing

Wah! I tell you... if this man spoke like this at PAP rallies, Petunia would have developed major fan girl crush on him! Behind closed doors, Chan Chun Sing spoke to trusted people. He was secretly audio-taped and what he said was uploaded.

Then, a whole lot of people started shooting him down about...
(1) the way he spoke
(2) the way he scolded Singaporeans
(3) the way he talked about other countries

If you wanna hear what he said, click HERE, and be proud! I had decided not to vote PAP after the idiotic Presidential Election where I did not get to vote. Now, I am not so sure!

(1) He spoke in Singlish. Wah! I'm in love.
(2) He scolded Singaporeans. Oi! He is our leader. If we are stupid, he should scold us.
(3) He talked about other countries. That is other countries' business. I only need to know that this man cares for me, looks out for me and protects me.

The Jerk Who Audiotaped Him
So sneaky! So irresponsible! In this time of crisis, such an action can destabilise the government! A friend of mine works in a bank, and it is her job to do simulations of the economy. The numbers she sees if there is political destabilisation AND a pandemic, are NOT pretty. Many people will lose their jobs!

I saw Chuan Kee's boss at Chong Pang Market this morning. Business is down and it was clear that he was concerned. In fact, he looked so grumpy that I dared not even greet him. You do not disturb a troubled man with something as frivolous as a "Good morning!" Business is poor! Revenue is down! He still has workers to pay! That is enough to keep him awake at night.

The Jerks Who Criticised Him
In this time when the country needs to pull together, don't nitpick. It's like when your child's life is in danger and you are blaming your husband for forgetting to buy you a Valentine's Day present. People's livelihoods are in danger. People's lives are in danger. These jerks are complaining about him scolding the idiots who went out to buy toilet paper!! Huh?! Why?

Those who rushed out to buy toilet paper were really idiotic what!? I mean, when I saw the social media photos, I thought to myself, "If no toilet paper, use water lah!" As for rice, I thought, "Well... when they stock up, I will get to buy fresh rice! Let the idiots buy up all the stale rice."

I also thought the people were being idiotic.

Global Shortage of Masks
When the government started to give out 4 masks per household, I looked at my family of 7. It was clear that 4 disposable masks would not be enough for 7 of us if we wear 1 a day each. Clearly, the govt was not trying to achieve that!

Instead, it was clearly for the scenario where the household has NO MASKS at all and if one person in that household falls sick, that one will wear ONE mask to the hospital to test. If he/she is infected, all the other 6 of us will be quarantined. I did not even bother to queue for those 4 masks, just in case I was exposed to the virus in those crowds.

Instead, I went scouting for cloth masks as pictured below. They cost $2.50 per piece and I have 3 for each member of the family to be washed daily.


Kee Chiu
Years ago, Chan Chun Sing caught flak for speaking unbecomingly to Singaporeans. The public christened him Kee Chiu. At that time, I felt a bit turned off by how he spoke to us in public. I reasoned, "He went to Cambridge. Surely, he does not REALLY talk like that! Surely, he is bringing himself down to whatever level he thinks I am at, which does not seem to be very flattering to me."

I felt quite insulted that he had hoped to build rapport with Singaporeans like me, speaking like so.

Today, I realise that emmmm... the man really talks like that when he is at ease with himself. It does not matter if he is speaking in Singlish or French or Queen's English. He makes sense and I now have a huge fan girl crush!


No comments: