LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Karcher SC2



My first Karcher steamer lasted 6 years. In January 2011, I bought my 2nd Karcher steamer - a bigger one. I blogged about it HERE. We are now in December 2019. My 2nd Karcher has lasted us NINE years. With it, I steam cleaned 2 aircon blowers weekly and another 2 aircon blowers every 2 weeks. Ah Tan, my aircon technician, charges me $40 to clean 1 blower unit. Without my Karcher steam cleaner, I would be spending $6720 every year just to keep our aircon blower units mould free.

In all, I have been cleaning our aircon blowers for 15 years. At $6720 a year, I have created value worth at least $100,800 over 15 years. This is money saved and invested. Not bad for a SAHM who was paid nothing at all over 20 years for her labour at home. The Husband used to have terrible nasal congestion. He slept poorly at night. He was tired in the day. Presumably, we can even say that without the weekly aircon blower steam cleaning, he would be a lot less productive at work.

See! Behind every successful man, is a woman who successfully cleaned the aircon blowers. Nah!

Our 9 yr old Karcher was on its last legs. We brought it to the steam cleaner hospital hoping to revive our old work horse. The Karcher hospital for steam cleaners offered to us a trade-in deal. Lo and behold! We abandoned our old Karcher and bought a new one for $170. Repairing the old one would have cost $150. The decision was clear.

I did the above sums for The Husband, who clearly thought that manipulation of oxytocin levels (see HERE) works both ways. Whilst I do all I can to keep his oxytocin levels high, he can also recompense me with oxytocin. So, he said, "How about 1 kiss for every $10,000 of savings?"

Somehow, I don't know why, 我有一种被骗的感觉.




No comments: